What is AePS?
Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS) allows people to carry out financial transactions on a Micro-ATM by furnishing just their Aadhaar number and verifying it with the help of their fingerprint scan. AePS helps you turn your own shop into an ATM. It provides you the ability to deliver services such as cash deposit, cash withdrawal, and balance check to your customers.
People do not have to mention their bank account details to carry out these transactions. With the help of this payment system, people can send funds from one bank account to another simply through their Aadhaar numbers. People can send money from their account to any account irrespective of the bank in which the receiver’s account is operated.
Benefits of AePS
Some of the benefits are:
- Banking, as well as non-banking transactions, can be performed through MoyalPay merchant.
- MoyalPay merchant can perform transactions of other banks as well.
- People do not have to furnish their debit/credit card for making transactions through AePS.
- The fingerprint is needed for transaction authentication which makes it safer.
- Micro PoS machines can be taken to distant places enabling people in remote villages to make transactions instantly.
How to use AePS?
The process of using AePS is quite easy. You have to follow these simple steps:
- Visit MoyalPay merchant in your area.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the PoS Machine.
- Select the transaction type – cash deposit, withdrawal, mini statement, fund transfer, balance enquiry or eKYC.
- Select the bank name.
- Enter the amount for the transaction.
- Authenticate the transaction using your biometric (fingerprint scan).
- The transaction gets completed in seconds.
- A receipt will be given to you by the MoyalPay merchant.